Today I thought I’d share one of my favorite and easy summertime supper recipes. Everyone that tries this raves about it, and I love making the peach bruschetta as an appetizer or even as a topping for salmon or chicken. The bruschetta is such a versatile little dish and packs a flavorful punch. I hope you have fun trying it! Try to get Georgia peaches if you can!
Peach Bruschetta Blue Grilled Cheese
3 Peaches, pitted & diced
2 Tbsp Basil, chopped
3 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp crumbled blue cheese, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bread
2 Tbsp butter or cooking spray for bread
1. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk.
2. In another bowl combine peaches, basil, and the dressing that you just made. Try not to each the mixture by itself. 😉
(Note: This dressing is good for several things, and it also doubles as a marinade.)
3. Butter one side of bread, place it in the skillet on medium-low heat.
4. Top the non-buttered side with shredded cheddar first, then with a slotted spoon to remove the extra juice, place the peach mixture on top of the cheddar, then top with more cheddar and a tsp of blue cheese. Place a piece of non-buttered bread down on top of the cheese, then butter the top.
5. Wait a few minutes, three to four and then slowly flip the sandwich to the other side, and allow it to get a golden crunchy crust to it, don’t smash the sandwich and be delicate. There is a whole lot of goodness in there that you don’t want to smoosh out. 😉
Remove the sandwich from the skillet, repeat with the remaining ingredients for a second sandwich and enjoy! Double the recipe to make four to five sandwiches. We hope you love the sweet and savory deliciously decadent treat as much as we do in the Foodie House!
In fact, I think I’ll treat myself to one right now! 😉
Until Next Taste,
Foodie Finds Home