It’s been so long.
I have so much to share…
So much news, so little time,
I’m sorry to rush through, but I come with a gift.
My Granny gave me this recipe a long time ago and
while the OG recipe is tedious and calls for a lot more work…
So a revision was born.
I decided that my peers in the millennial generation don’t have time for that,
nor do my fellow moms, dads, students, teachers, or whoever is reading this! Ha! 😉
We barely have 20 minutes,
but, for this candied bacon recipe,
you’ll make the time,
because it’s super easy.
Now, go forth and make some bacon!
Grandma Jannie’s 20-Minute Baked Candied Bacon
1 Pkg. Bacon
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsps. Maple Syrup
¼ – 1 Tsp. Black Pepper (Chipotle or Cayenne work great with this recipe as well)
(definitely to taste, this will vary based on the amount of bacon you make,
don’t add too much though, you don’t want the pepper to overpower the other flavors)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F or 175°C
2. Mix the cinnamon, syrup, pepper, and sugar in a bowl
3. Place bacon in a roasting pan with the rack
4. Coat bacon with a layer of the sugar mixture and bake for 10 minutes
5. Remove the bacon from the oven and top with the remaining mixture, then return it to the oven for 10 minutes or until the bacon is the texture of your liking.
Y’all, when I tell you this bacon is good,
I mean this bacon is good.
Let’s chat, what are some of your favorite ways to cook bacon?
Until Next Yum,
Foodie Finds Home