What is your word for 2017?

There are so many words….

So many…

It’s hard to choose just one.

Last year my word was

BE.

I think it was a good word for me.

In 2016 I was able to…

Be Inspired & Inspiring.
Be Success.
Be In.The. Moment.
Be Present.
Be Grateful.

Be Simply Completely Unapologetically Myself

It was the year of “Be-Ing….

This year I feel like it’s different.

I’ve learned to “be”…

Now it’s time to

Flourish

while “be”ing me.

So there it is

my word for 2017.

I loved the definitions of flourish.
when I looked it up.

“to bloom, to blossom, to grow”
“to grow luxuriantly”
“to achieve success”
“to be in a state of activity or production”

Aren’t those awesome definitions?

I feel like I’m in a year of growth,
and I definitely want to grow luxuriantly.
Who wouldn’t want to?

I’m going to flourish deliciously and beautifully through 2017.

Alright, so what is your word of the year?

Until Next Taste,
Lori

39 Comments Add yours

1. Ben Butler says:

That is so great! I love those definitions. This is definitely a post to bookmark for whenever I need encouragement or a little push. Thanks!

2. “Be” is an all-encompassing word. That is what we should all strive to do in 2017. When you “be” you are doing more than existing, you are striving.

3. This is very inspiring because i love being motivated by using and sticky to a positive word. I think this year my word will be “yes”. Saying yes to more things that I really need to do, like going for a walk or doing something I’m afraid of.

4. forevermommoments says:

This is such a beautiful post! Inspiring too. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

5. My word is healing since I broke my elbow.I love seeing everyone’s word or the year posts

6. Flourish is a beautiful word. I am so excited for you to have a word that means so much. I love the word Be. I love the Be Attitudes and this fits right in.

7. BE is a great word. I keep seeing about people having a word for 2017 instead of resolutions.

8. We have a window cut out of our kitchen wall so you can see the rest of the family room and general living space. I always hang a banner on the window. Normally something to match the upcoming holiday, but I think we will brainstorm a word for the family for the year.

9. BE is a wonderful word, and so is flourish. I haven’t really come up with a word for myself this year, and I don’t think I’m going to do a word this year. I look forward to following along as you continue to flourish in 2017!

10. Marcie W. says:

We are halfway through the month of January and I still have yet to think of a goal or motto word for 2017. I think my top choice would be steady; financially steady, mentally steady and physically steady.

11. I love the word BE. Very inspiring! You’re right, it’s so hard to narrow down one word but I would have to say my word is CALM.

12. Melissa says:

I love this word!! Yes to flourishing! And my word would have to be honest! Living my life as honestly as I can.

13. Debra says:

I love this idea and I think my word would totally be to simplify, something I have a really hard time doing.

14. briannemanz says:

This is so great and I just love this idea! I think my word for the new year is grateful!

15. I chose “DO” for 2017. I have a friend that was hit by a car in December and it made me realize how many plans I had but had DONE none of them. Time to DO!

16. I’m still searching for my word of the year. I love your choice; flourish. It has such great connotations and works on so many levels.

17. Holly says:

This is such a great word post. I wasn’t able to find one word for my year. After reading your post, I wish I had.

18. Toni Dash says:

You’re very inspiring! I love your words last year and of course this year! Awesome!

19. Stace Werner says:

“Be” is such a good action word…leading to all sorts of positive actions.
    I think “give” is another one.
    Although my husband really would say “robot,” as he is thinking this year would be a breakthrough in personal robots. ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Alyssa Ruane says:

I love your “Word of the year!” Mine would be something similar, though I’d have to take a little more time to think about it… This is a great post to start off the new year so we can focus on our goals.

21. Jeanine says:

I haven’t a clue for myself. I haven’t really chosen a word yet, but have been thinking a lot about it. Hopefully I figure it out soon!

22. I think flourish is a great word for 2017. It goes right along with Be from last year.

23. Beautiful! I love your word last year and this year. My word this year is calm. I’ve never done the word thing before. It’s all new to me…but calm, yep, I want to remain calm through everything.

24. Kristi says:

I love that your words are calming and peaceful and something to strive for. A great post for my day!

25. Rachel says:

I love reading through all your comments. This post is inspiring and you can see it by what others have said. I love the word Be, implying action. Thanks for sharing.

26. I have yet to choose a word for 2017 and I’ve never really put much thought into it. I can see how choosing a word can help inspire and motivate you throughout the year though.

27. Robin Rue says:

I have not decided on a word yet this year but I know my end goals. I guess I need to sit down and find a word that combines them all into one goal.

28. Awwwww love the word be!!!!! My word for the year is epic!!!! Good luck using your word

29. I love the word be! I don’t think people do enough of just being, Good luck with the word!

30. ericaaugust says:

This is absolutely beautiful! Good word choice for 2017! You’re totally going to flourish this year!

31. Rosey says:

I think it’s nice to bloom, blossom, grow. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t have a word though. ๐Ÿ™‚

32. taylorwiesner says:

This is great and love your word choice for the year! My word choice for the year is “embrace”! I am going to embrace the change of moving to London… I am going to embrace the stage that my son is in and love every second of it. I am ready to embrace my family with love and big hugs this year and show them all how much I love them. I am going to embrace the mess that our flat is turning to! Just embrace it all! ๐Ÿ™‚

33. Wow, flourish is an awesome work indeed. My word for the new year is close to yours. It is “Grow”. I’m going to be growing in every aspect – personal and professional.

34. almostindianwife says:

That is such a great word to strive towards this year! Flourish is definitely something I want to do this year. Last year was rough and this year I want to grow and flourish.

35. I really like your word for 2017. I had a few that I mulled over, like Calm, Create, Focus and Cultivate, but I haven’t settled on one yet.

36. Irina says:

My word is be consistent. I tend to start something and it only lasts for a week or so. I’m really trying to be consistent in every area of my life.

37. I love both of those words and how they build on each other! You have a great perspective! Thanks for sharing!

38. Kiwi says:

My word is the same word as last year and the year before. Manifest is my word it means to speak it into existence until it comes true. Im manifesting so much good things in my life just have to keep speaking it!

39. Krystal says:

I am still working on my word for the year. It has already changed twice and it is STILL January!