Hello… Is it me…

So, this is kind of exciting and weird… It’s also odd. What’s even stranger…. Adele’s “Hello” is on in the background as I type this as if a sign that I should actually be typing this right now now.

Hello.

Most of you reading this know me already, a handful of you don’t. Hello.

I’m Lori. Consistent re-starter, mom of four, wife of one, searcher of home, traveler of the world, cooker of the food, non lover of the home cleaning (but I do it, because I love the clean home), merry maker, introvert, INFJ, dalmatian loving, next food-network star wannabe, blog writing, me.

Welcome to my space. I love blogging. I do. I love it.

I have craved doing it. I just didn’t know how to get back into it but I just kicked my butt and said, “Lori… You’re doing it. You miss it. Do it. Just do it.”

And here we are.

Actually can I be honest?

I made a drastic decision when I started.

I quit my personal Facebook for this.

Yep.

I KNOW.

Who does that?

Apparently this girl does.

So if the grandparents want updates… This is how they get them.

Gasp… That’s crazy talk. I know. I’m probably not the favorite anymore.

And… I’m okay with that.

Guess what though.

It gives us more time.

Time to explore this amazing country we live in. Time to travel all over this beautiful continent we live on, and well… Share it with you. Memories to be made and stories to be shared.

I hope you enjoy spending time and sharing life us, as we… The Foodie Family find home.

Home is wherever the heart is and sometimes…. it’s just one bite away.

Until Next Taste,

Lori

26 Comments Add yours

1. Amber George says:

I think this is a super idea. Facebook can be so negative at times and can cause more negativity than positivity. If people want to learn about what is going on with you and yours, they have to make a bit of an effort to seek it out.

Liked by 1 person

2. Ben Butler says:

I LOVED reading your writing. You are very good, and you kept me interested. True story. I, too am an INFJ!

Liked by 1 person

1. Ben! Thank you for your kind words, it’s very cool to meet a fellow INFJ. I hope you come back to visit and I look forward to getting to know you. 🙂

3. Theresa says:

Hello Lori! Can’t wait to learn more about you. I love that you quit Facebook. I’ve been thinking of doing that myself for some time. I just haven’t pulled the plug yet.

Liked by 1 person

4. Facebook can really stress me out, to be honest. You made a brave move that lots of us have thought about doing!

Liked by 1 person

5. This is a great idea. I can’t imagine quitting Facebook but I bet you have more peace than I do in certain areas.

Liked by 1 person

6. Mandee says:

Welcome back! I’ve never considered quitting my personal Facebook, but you know, it probably would free up a lot of time and give me more time to focus on what really matters. Hmmmm you’ve got me thinking! 🙂

7. Catherine Sargent says:

Kudos to you for quitting Facebook. I have seriously considered it especially with all the politics going on. Way to much negativity recently.

8. Marcie W. says:

So much yes! I have wanted to quit my personal Facebook for quite some time and that desire has only increased since political conversations are now taking place.

Liked by 1 person

9. I have thought about quitting Facebook but I can’t bring myself to do it yet. Sometimes it causes more stress than anything else.

Liked by 1 person

10. Liz Mays says:

You must feel so free! I think blogs are a great way to connect and keep up with family and friends.

Liked by 1 person

11. SixFeetUnderBlog says:

Nice to find out more about you. I wish I could quit facebook .lol

Liked by 1 person

12. Nice to meet you and know more about you! I bet you find peace of mind after quitting Facebook. 😀 I hope I can do that brave decision too!

13. Good for you! It is so awesome when we give in and just go for it! Good luck in your endeavors!

14. Welcome back! And I love your writing style. I keeps me reading! Happy blogging!

15. Heck, I could use a smaller number of distractions on my phone. I might consider ditching personal Facebook too.

16. There is a song in there! Lol. But I totally get where you are coming from. Facebook is a money maker for my business so I am addicted. Business much more than pleasure though

17. Quitting Facebook has been on my mind for a while now. I am so tired of all the hate, bashing and tearing down. Ugh.

18. Jeanine says:

I wish Facebook wasn’t as addicting as it is. I wish i could just say goodbye to it even for just a short while. Welcome back to you! I love your writing!

19. Rosey says:

i think a blog to keep family connected is such a good idea. I love that you do it in place of Facebook. Blogs are more personal.

20. I don’t blame you for leaving Facebook. Anymore, it has become a hassle to deal with and there is more ranting and raving on there than anything. I don’t really care for it myself. I have said since I have started blogging that if anyone wants to know what I am up to, they can read my blog.

21. Mary Edwards says:

I envy you – I could definitely be more productive without Facebook…but just can’t hit the delete button…yet

22. I don’t blame you one bit! Some days I wish I could quit my personal facebook as well!

23. Good for you! That’s a huge and brave, I love it!

24. I have set up so many filters in my personal FB account to avoid all the negativity and useless stuff appearing on my news feed. I love blogging too, but I guess I am not yet ready to give up on my FB account.

25. I have thought of quitting facebook too. Sometimes it’s just too much and it makes me not like people lol.